Presentation. Yes, that is the keyword you always need to keep in mind. “First impression is the last impression” is a proverb that not many people are willing to buy into these days.
But in case of homes, especially an old home that you are showcasing to others, this may very well be the case. It is a time tested way to make sure that your house gets liked by whoever comes to view it.
To make sure that you make a good impression on the prospective buyers, you need to make sure certain things in your house are fixed. As someone living in the house, many things might be normal to you because you have gotten used to them.
But to an outsider, these things are not normal. On the contrary they are an anomaly and will immediately be noticed by them.
This all starts with kerb appeal and starting from the outside and working your way in before you start showing your house to outsiders.
1. Cut the grass and trim the edges
2. Weed the garden and clean the drive. Remove the leaves.
3. The grass beds must be weeded and cleaned
4. Shrubs must be trimmed so that they do not look untidy
5. Wash the house from the outside
6. Keep the garage in a neat and tidy condition
7. Keep the back door clutter free. You have been used to dumping all extra and unwanted items there. But now you need to pick them and put them in their proper place.
Ready to sell your home?
If you have a property to sell – have you considered listing this with us for a one-off fee of only £95! PropertyStop is a registered Zoopla agent, and with 2.3m visitors who only house hunt on Zoopla each month, we can help you get your home in front of buyers you can’t get elsewhere.