EPC certificate

EPC – The Energy Performance Certificate

An Energy Performance Certificate is required for properties when constructed or sold, providing details on the energy performance of the property and what you can do to improve it.

Before you sell your property or put it on the market, you must have ordered or obtained a Residential EPC. If you require an EPC certificate you can locate a service provider online through the government’s advice webpage at the following address:


The links below will also assist you in finding an accredited person to undertake a new EPC for you as well as checking existing certificates for registered properties.

Find nearest domestic energy assessor

To find an accredited person to undertake an Energy Performance Certificate or a SAP Energy Performance Certificate please visit the government’s official webpage at: 


Check an existing property certificate

You can also check an existing certificate for a property at the following link on the government’s official webpage: